Friday, March 1, 2013

Why Did I Get Here ? - Creative Writing Task 2


Dewi sagita
10/296703/SA/15132

            English. I don’t know where from that word comes to my life. Thing that I only know is that the memory of my childhood when my mother used to tell me the list of animals name in English when I was around five years old. Cat, elephant, dog, chicken, duck, butterfly, fish, cow, and many more were often said by her. She tried to make me understand that name in English from the Indonesian one. That might be the reason why until now, in my twenty years old, I like English. When I was at school, from elementary until junior and senior high school, I seemed only like English subject. That was the subject i mostly take serious, fun, and easy one to learn since I have a passion in that. I once ever said when I was a little girl; I wanted to take them to go to many countries around the world that can be fulfilled by speaking english. Interested in that, I started to explore my own selves potential by joining the English courses, participating in the English Club, and involving my self into some competition like English Speech contest, Newsreader, and English Drama competition in my hometown, Karawang, West Java. I enjoyed those things for enriching knowledge and improving my abilities in English.
            As the time goes by, since I like English, I want to continue my study to university by taking this subject. I firstly interested in teaching English, so that I tried to send the application to UPI (Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia), a kind of university concerning in teaching major, but I got failed. Other choice I was interested in at that time was UI , University of Indonesia, since I think it has good reputation and lies in Depok, which is a bit affordable and easily reachable enough. I wanted to have English Literature so that I tried to fill the document application through online. At the same time, I heard from my classmates about test in UGM (Universitas Gadjah Mada) and then I took some considerations. After knowing that university was in the first rank in within University in Indonesia, I tried to follow the test in Jakarta. I chose English Literature for my first choice, since I like to read novels and want to know this deeper, and the second choice is International Relation. Several weeks later, if I’m not mistaken, I was totally surprised to see the announcement of my selection to be new student in English Literature major in UGM. I couldn’t believe that since I thought I did badly in mathematic part in the test so that I guessed I would be failed, but thank God has the other plan for me.
            This announcement couldn’t be the end of the relief, when I suddenly saw the response of my parents. Both of them were completely surprised, relief, proud and couldn’t be any happier for finding their daughter was accepted in favorite university. But then they considered Yogyakarta was very far away from our hometown, Karawang, and since I am their only daughter, they were a bit worry to let me stay in Yogyakarta. It was worse added by the news of earthquake that often happens there. But by thinking and thinking it several times, they then permitted me to study there. So, then I am here, now in the faculty of English Department, taking the major of English Literature, Universitas Gadjah Mada. I will not stand here, studying literary works, writing blogs for my Creative Writing subject, if I didn’t take challenge and opportunity even though I felt doubt about myself at the first time. What I’m going to say is that you don’t need to be worried, in reaching your goals, no matter hard they will be and try to be as good as possible through effort and pray. Life hopefully will be nice then by finding unexpected things in the end, whether the sadness or happiness are should be taken wisely.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment